Google
 
Web aroopcherian.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Main Hyderabadi

The regular walks that I take to my office bus stop are made with my FM radio blaring in my ears. A program that is played on my favorite Radio Station at that time is Main Hyderabadi. It gets common people on air and they speak about their likes or the drawbacks of Hyderabad.

I always think to myself, how much I have really grown into Hyderabad. I would want to make this sound like some tourism flick but the place is so amazing. I have been here for all that I can remember of and have seen this place change at speeds associated with fast jet planes and the like.

The Call Center boom which I would have been part of … (well almost when I got a job with GE off campus which I gave up for an internship with KPMG) started all the development.

Chandra Babu Naidu added fuel to the fire, appreciate that man for all what he has done for the city. I always feel that he was a shrewd politician and a smart business man. Putting a city on the business map of the world, well other than for as a tiny speck was something unfathomable and this man with his legendary foresight did just that. Today we boast of the kind of infrastructure investment that only developed cities out of India can boast of.

People complain about the roads and the traffic the laid back attitude of people, but I must say that you guys need to be a Hyderabadi to actually enjoy every bit of it. I tell my friends from out of town that one of the best things about Hyderabad is that you will find people of all types and so making friends is something that is as easy as it gets. You are bound to meet someone exactly your type and at your wave length, be it a party pub hopper or a studious kind.

The language, the humor, the food and of course the “tehzeeb” with which people behave is superb. Given an option of moving to another town, I would much rather prefer to be part of Hyderabad. The “nakko”, “kaiku”, “hau mian”, the irani chai and the biryani are far too precious to me.

Hyderabad today is a fast growing cosmopolitan. Deloitte (the Company that I currently work for) has a tag line – “Where the best choose to be”, am just wondering if I would be able to steal that and allow that as a tag line for Hyderabad too  I proudly stand today with my head held high saying .. “Hau main Hyderabadi” in typical Hyderabadi lingo !

5 Comments:

Blogger Hamza Hydri said...

I agree ... Hyderabadis are for sure of a different kind ;)

1:27 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Hau mian, sahi kahan tumne.. ;) Man I miss litening to Radio city and bay radio is far from it dude.... and you forgot Osmania Biskit ;)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Tweety said...

Zabardast post maara. Proud to be a Hyderabadi!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Hyderabadiz said...

Phir bhi dil hai hyderabadi
Nice blog.
Keep up the good work.
Visit our new web 2.0 blog, and leave your comments, pl.
Hyderabadiz.blogspot.com

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good one..!
When compared to other major cities in India, hyd surely is a wonderful place to live..
Im proud to b a hyderabadi..!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home