Google
 
Web aroopcherian.blogspot.com

Friday, February 17, 2006


Lose a friend ... but no sweet talk


The more that i continue to live in the Corporate world, the more I see people who are not capable of saying things straight from the heart. People these days overly criticise only cos they want to do it (read office colleagues and the like). Worse still is the fact that most of this happens behind your back, so you never get to really know this until a friend of yours who has heard the story, brings it up to you.

Amongst friends, its very uncommon these days to honestly criticise a person. No one wants to be the Bad Guy, every one speaks sweet stuff when you are around, but talk horifically about you when u aint. Well my philosophy in life is totally different, I talk my heart out, tell people what I think is right .. I may be wrong but atleast I dont have the guilt of not telling someone what I feel is right.

I encourage one and all to accept this as a philosophy, never mind loosing a friend, its sure easier than having a put on relationship with someone who is faltering.

Happy Thinking ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tweety said...

According to me it wont work that way always da. I've been there myself and learnt my lessons. You can't be honest with everyone around. You only do it with people who mean something to you. You gotta filter the rest out and just be sweet to them on the outside and move on.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Vikas Jayaram said...

DUDE, I've seen how it works, modesty and open mindedness have no great value in a corporate dog eat dog work environment. If you look at the successful and remotely successful people, you will notice that the difference is often Diplomacy, art of Delegation and Sucking up to people that matter. I think we need to shed our idea of a perfect world if we are to climb the ladder at work place. I think this is one reason why there is a line drawn between work and personal life. Because, there has to be one.

Just be diplomatic about your opinions, and you'd be surprised how useful the statement "no comments" is !!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home