Google
 
Web aroopcherian.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Radio Mirchi - Really Hot ??

Wednesday last week was a pretty big day for Hyderabad and its FM music lovers, the city got its first private FM Music Channel - Radio Mirchi. With all the big hype that was created around the launch - posters, banners and print media, I was shocked at the kind of music that was doled out on it all day - sad unheard of telugu songs !! I seriously had my doubts about all what I had heard from friends in other cities about the channel. Idi chala hot guru - sounded like real crap to me. Is the channel missing a trick ? Whom are they trying to target as an audience ? The youth or the people in the villages ??

But then came Saturday night and I happend to switch back to the channel - hoping to get some good telugu songs atleast. But was I in for a surprise ... I was listening to Club Mirchi and must hand it to DJ Aryan. Amazing music - made me feel so much better about the channel. Great club music and all of a sudden I felt that other than for the booze there I was in a club !! I stayed up till early morning listening to the songs.

Wake up in the morning and tune in to the channel .. and viola ... we back to the same drab !! Mirchi .. to be hot u need to have more programs like Club Mirchi, playing the songs that people want to hear. DJ Aryan, you have a fan in me for sure !! Keep up the good work :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. J said...

Wow, that sure sounds exciting. For a moment mistook it for Fm91 (bangalore) Guess it's one step forward, hoping that the channel would improve.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Kavs said...

Time for a new post Aroop. Announce with a bang that you are back from the exams!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Tweety said...

We got radio mirchi here in bangalore too recently. I am not that kicked about it. We are all too addicted on RadioCity which is Superb!
But then Radio Mirchi sometimes plays nice old hindi songs if you are in mood for it. Otherwise just tune into FM91 and enjoy maadi :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Kavs said...

Time for new post Aroop!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home