Google
 
Web aroopcherian.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Aaah .. the sweet smell of success !!

Its almost 2:30 in the morning, as I sit at my computer typing away at this blog recording one of my most momentous days of my life.  And what was special today, well nothing much, just that it was CA Results day.  Unlike all the other result days that I have been through, this one was just special.  Got up today morning, feeling fresh (though the night before was almost as late as tonite, slept only around 2), the usual jitters that I have around my exam results day was missing.  I had also told myself that I would do things differently this time, hence had even abstained from leaving an online query for my marks at the site.

Had a match to play so was at the ground till one of my friends called up and told me about the results being out.  I was kinda excited but something in me told me to hold on.  I tried telling my friend my hall ticket number but couldnt get that to mind.  Anyways played the game and came back on powerd on my computer and got to the website.  Scared at first, excited to say the least, the thought about what if i fail lurking heavy, and then it all happend.  I keyed in my hall ticket number and viola, I had passed !!

The long wait of close to three years had finally come to an end.  Well I am no dumbo, but yes, the CA has been taking a lot of my time and patience.  So here I am, a part qualified Chartered Accountant.  Another set of exams to go and I will be a full fledged Chartered.

Second part of the evening uptil about half an hour ago, I was at the theatre - Prasadz IMAX as they call it out here.  Went with friends from office to watch this movie called Rang De Basanthi - sorry guys no translation on this.  It was one of the best movies that I have seen in the near time future.  Its more of an awakening kinda movies, the thought that I have seen such a movie, makes me proud of what my country is able to produce.  Truly world class ! A strong Go See in the Theatre from me.  Interesting ?? There is more at the official site http://www.rangdebasanti.net/.  I loved the movie, the way it was picturised and most importantly the message behind it.  We all need to wake up and create a new India, free of corruption and beaurocracy.  An India that the people who gave up their lives to get back from the British deserved !!

Cheers    

3 Comments:

Blogger Tweety said...

Part 1 - CONGRATULATOINS.
And I was the friend who was sitting in blore trying all permutations and combinations of your hallticket number while u were enjoying cricket in a ground :)

Part 2 - Rang De Basanti - Wonderful, Terrific, Excellent, Brilliant...all the synonyms in the thesaurus. I put a post in my blog too. I am still in that hangover right now. Toooooooooo good a movie.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Aroop M Cherian said...

Hi Tweety,

Part 1 - Thanks for the permutation thingie ... fact was that I was so excited / scared that I forgot my number !! :)

3:42 AM  
Blogger Vikas Jayaram said...

Hey dude,
It's Vikas. Congrats on this thing. I know how hard you've been working for this one and it's been eluding you for so long ! But your fight has been great and you've deserved this for so long ! Good luck with the forthcoming exams. I saw Rang de Basanti in a Theatre here as well and you are very right-Great movie, greater message. FYI translation is colour me Yellow !!
Anyway, I'll catch up with you sometime soon. Take care Buddy.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home