Google
 
Web aroopcherian.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Everyone wishes to have more money than he has presently … takes me back to my first classes of Economics .. where my ever so wise Economics Teacher (and I mean it … still adore her teaching skills !!) told us of the basic funda of economics … “unlimited wants and limited means”.

Enter Rich Dad Poor Dad - Everyone must read that book !! An amazing piece of practical thinking!  And the way that all the concepts are so well interwoven … makes the book so kewl.  One of my acquaintances told me about this book close to a year back but I was able to lay my hands on a copy of the book only recently.  The book turned out to be so interesting that I finished it all in one go.  Something that I have not done in a long long while !

I loved the part where the author talks about making money work for you (well doesn’t everyone like that part !! ( ).  Being a finance student, I have learnt to analyze stuff like Break Even Point of Companies … never did it occur to me that the same could and should be applied to daily lives !! Now to think of it … me wonders why I dint think about it earlier .. such a simple concept and so much required.  I may be acting as a spoiler but what the hell … the author talks about the concept of making investments till you reach one point where your investments keep earning for themselves and you are left with much more of your pay packet.


Super thumbs up for the book … must read !!  

5 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

My husband bought that book for his dad for Father's Day a couple of years back, as a joke. He and his wife are in debt, big time, and it's become a running joke. Glad to know now that it's helped you and now I hope he actually read it.

8:02 AM  
Blogger michael said...

kiyosaki has a couple good books, he teaches financial methods but is more so trying to enact a psychological change in the person!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kamara said...

I've been hearing about that book...I'm gonna get it sometime. Being a finance student maybe you'll find this interesting.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

like everthing about this blog..but not the background color and layout. dude, ther're great layouts with soothing patterns..with fits investment banking theme ;) // hope u'll try...

10:09 PM  
Blogger Tweety said...

Cool...you've made me inquisitive about reading this book. Mind couriering your copy to me? ;)

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home